Phillipa Maye-Powis, APN-C is a graduate of the Drexel University Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner program. She earned her R.N. from Muhlenberg School of Nursing and Union County College. She holds a B.S. in Management Studies and Economics from the University of the West Indies. She is a member of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Heath (NPWH) and the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Nu Eta chapter). She has extensive experience in the community health setting, providing women with their complete reproductive health care needs. She has also practiced in the area of Maternal Fetal Medicine which involved the management and treatment of women with high-risk pregnancies. She is particularly interested in sexual health counseling, contraception, and breastfeeding.
Phillipa Maye-Powis, APN-C
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Phillipa Maye-Powis enjoys traveling the globe, cooking, hiking, reading and spending time with her family.
- Drexel University – M.S.N. Women’s Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner: 2014
- Muhlenberg School of Nursing/Union County College – A.Sc. Nursing: 2005
- University of the West Indies – B.S. Management Studies & Economics: 1996
Certifications and Licensure:
- NCC Women’s Health NP Board Certification
- Advance Practice Registered Nurse Certification (APN) NJ
- Registered Nurse (RN) NJ
Honors and Awards:
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- “Prophylactic Antibiotic Therapy in Premature Rupture of Membranes” – Evidence Based Research
- Poster Presentation at Drexel University’s Annual Evidence Based Practice Colloquium