Jimena Rivas, M.D., earned her medical degree from Universidad de Caldas, Colombia. She completed dual residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Universidad de Caldas and the Atlantic Health System in Morristown, NJ. Having trained at a level III Maternity Center, she is knowledgeable in managing both normal and high-risk pregnancies. Dr. Rivas is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologist. She is a native Spanish speaker with a special interest in general and high-risk obstetrics, and the management of menopause, abnormal uterine bleeding, contraception and sexual dysfunction.
Jimena Rivas, M.D
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Rivas has resided in New Jersey since she relocated to the United States in 2008. She is the loving and caring mother of three little children.She enjoys spending time with her family and outdoor activities. Her hobbies include crafts, dancing, and cooking.
- Universidad de Caldas, Manizales, Colombia: 2003
- Rita Arango Alvarez del Pino Medical Center
Universidad de Caldas, Manizales, Colombia: 2008
- Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center
Atlantic Health System, Morristown, New Jersey: 2016
Honors and Awards:
- Chief Resident, Department of OB/GYN at Morristown Medical Center: 2015 and 2016
- Clinical Excellence Award in Obstetrics
- Finn & Kim Wentworth Award – Resident of the Year
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology: 2018