Deirdre C. Masterton, M.D., grew up in Central New Jersey. She is a graduate of Washington and Lee University and earned her medical degree from New York University. She completed her residency training at Women and Infants’ Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. She was a National Health Service Corps scholar and worked for the Indian Health Service on the Blackfeet Reservation in northwest Montana before returning to New Jersey to practice. Dr. Masterton is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners and is Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Masterton is particularly interested in adolescent care and contraception, as well as medically complicated pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
Deirdre C. Masterton, M.D
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Masterton enjoys outdoor activities with her family, reading, and gardening.
- New York University School of Medicine: 2004
- Washington and Lee University: 2000
- Women & Infants’ Hospital; The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University: 2008
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology: 2011
Honors and Awards:
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Award for Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures: 2008
- Resident Award for Excellence in Pelvic Surgery: 2008
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- The Leonard J. Tow Humanism in Medicine Student Award
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship
- NYU President’s Service Award